Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog #9


I haven’t taken any photos in a while. And quite frankly the weather has been poop. I feel like I have a type of writers block but with photography. I don’t know how to explain it really. There aren’t a lot of things to take pictures of around my house anymore. I could go back and take some photos of stuff I’ve taken just to see if I’ve improved any. I may stay up until 2 a.m.  And attempt to take some photos of the lunar eclipse or whatever is happening tonight. I’ve started to think about some ideas for the presentation that will be coming up eventually. The “blood moon” thing might be hard to see due to the rain and clouds and I may just be wasting my time, but I need to take some photos. I was thinking about doing a power point or put something together with movie maker. I need to come up with a way to make my speech fluent and easy to follow which is something I struggle with I think. I’ll probably just watch a few ted talks to see how they talk and present their information. It will probably be a watered down version of one of those.

Right now I’m watching the Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham debate and it’s interesting to watch how they use Rhetoric. Bill Nye talks as if he’s trying to make you trust him and befriend him. And on the contrary Ken Ham shoves information down your throat. But he also uses a lot of examples of scientists who believe in creationism which doesn’t even argue his case very well. Bill Nye brings up information and “facts” and he talks to you like a friend. But I just heard Bill Nye say furthermore, and I remember learning that in class. I'm done rambling though.

1 comment:

  1. I watched that debate too. No matter where you look someone is using persuasion and propaganda. It is good that you are recognizing that.

    ReplyDelete