Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blog #5


Ok so I completely forgot to do a blog Monday. But I went outside over the weekend and snapped some photos of my neighbors dog Leighla (Rottweiler) and my dog and cat. I changed the angles at which I took some of the photos and I found a pretty neat angle to take photos. If you put it about horizontal with the subject and maybe tilt the camera then add a “Process” filter over the photo, I think it would turn out quite nice. I plan on trying this next time I get home and it’s a pretty day out. I tried taking some close-up photos of some yellow flowers and moss, but the camera wouldn’t focus so and I couldn’t get it to focus manually, so I couldn’t get the close up pictures I was looking for. I may try to take some vintage photos that look aged. I will have to find some old buildings to try it out on. This weekend I may go to this place in Alex City called the “Sportsplex”. I went there last weekend and just really regretted not taking the camera. There was a lot of wild life out and tons of pretty scenery since it was warm out. There was several creeks I walked passed and about a three mile nature trail. And there are tons of old wooden cabins that were made over 60 years ago at least. I believe Native Americans used to live in them. I may even go to horseshoe bend if I get the chance, I could make a lot of great photos there. This weekend when I walked through the Sportsplex there were tons of squirrels out and they weren’t even afraid of me!! They’d walk right up next to me and wouldn’t even run away!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the warm weather! It is way more inspiring than the grey cold. I really like the picture of the daffodils bursting through the fence - I like that you are making the man-made side of the landscape look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete